gegužės 09, 2008

Self-assessment of ESP learning-

I think it's quite difficult to evaluate yourself, but after every term we have to do this task.
So firstly, I would like to talk about my writing skills. I think the most useful task of writing was summaries. As we know after free terms we are going to have English test where writing summary would be one of the most immportant exercise. So it is really helpful that we try to learn how good summary should be written. I think my writing isn't very good, all my grades of summaries were 7. The most popular was grammar mistakes, so I should try to repeat the rules and avoid such kind of errors. Talking about ESP vocabulary tests, I think my performance at this task was better than in the first term. I think now I know what is immportant in these tests and it helps me to get ready for this exercise. Self-designed tests is one of the most interesting task and also it is the new one. I think it's really helpful task. Dictations and contributions to weblogs are very good way to improve our writing skills. My skills at this task isn't exelent, I think I should learn more about writing.
Another point i would like to talk is speaking skills. I agree to the opinion that task such as participation in class discussions or presentations improve our skills. But on the other hand, I think sometimes it's not very efficient learning. Some people are quite shy and they doesn't like talking in front of auditory. So in the class discussions they just sit and listen, and they doesn't improve teir talking skills in such way. Presentations are the most needful task, because it is very interesting not just to find information and to do this task, but also it is interesting to listen to other people. So it is a good way to show and improve your talking skills. I think I can't express my thoughts fluently so I shoul do more talking exercises and try to improve this my ability. Also I think I should learn more new words, because it helps to talk clearly.
What's more, listening skills are also very imporatant for our English use. When we could listent and understant quite clearly it also help us to talk more fluently. I like listening tasks, because you should focus your attention and be careful, also you shoud think attentively. I think it's quite atractive task. Sometimes it's very hard to do listening exercises because of your lack of words. I listen and there are too many unknown words so I can't understand the main things about the text. I think to solve this problem I also should learn more new words and phrases, and try to use them.
The last point I would like to talk is reading tasks. I think it is also one of my favourite tasks. I really like home reading, because these texts are quite useful for my vocabulary,and I learn lot of new words. also these texts gives new information about psychology and other subjects.

Komentarų nėra: